Sat, 29 Jul|
The Dynamics of Becoming
We are always in a state of becoming, constantly adjusting, shifting and recomposing ourselves in response to our environment. But how exactly? An upcoming summer movement workshop in London. Use 'BECOMING' for an earlybird discount till 1st July.
Time & Location
29 Jul, 14:30 – 17:00
MISSION (LDN), 7-9 Fashion St, London E1 6PX, UK
About the event
THE DYNAMICS OF BECOMING
We are always in a state of becoming, constantly adjusting, shifting and recomposing ourselves in response to our environment. But how exactly?
The workshop will explore this question beyond the expansion and contraction we recognise upon every breath, specifically dissecting the nuanced play of tension in our bodies to access varying degrees of freedom and softness true to our individual experiences. Expect an afternoon of theory and practice, with opportunities to embody different shades of effort qualities both within the context of asana practice as well as free movement. Open to curious movers of all levels and disciplines.
- Deepen your capacity for greater sensitivity in working with tension in the body
- Return to your respective movement practice with a refreshed perspective
- Recognising, then challenging the natural affinities of movement
This is particularly relevant for...
- Yogis finding new ways of experiencing asana
- Curious movers interested in the feeling of movement within and between forms
- Teachers looking to develop a more specific vocabulary to articulate subtler qualities of movement